Today Nintendo will release the demo for its latest Pokemon games, Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. However getting hold of the demo isn’t as easy as going onto the eShop and downloading it. But fear not, Nintendo has offered some ways around this:
- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last)
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
- Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.
The new demo will allow players to explore the region of Hoenn and also any of the items you obtain whilst playing the demo will carry over into the main game when you purchase it.
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby will be released 21st November in North America and 28th November in Europe.